Steps for continuing ASU students

Students using VA education benefits who have already attended classes at ASU must complete these steps prior to each semester of enrollment to ensure the continuation of their benefits. 

  1. Check My ASU and resolve any outstanding Holds and Priority Tasks.

  2. Register for your next semester classes.

  3. Submit a new VA Enrollment Activity Form for the upcoming semester.

  4. When you receive an updated Certificate of Eligibility from the VA or a letter that details your remaining eligibility, please submit it to the Pat Tillman Veterans Center using one of these three methods:

  • Scan and email the form to

  • Fax the form to 480-522-3058.

  • Take the form to the Pat Tillman Veterans Center on your campus.

Submit a FAFSA

Students receiving benefits should fill out and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at each year. The application is available online October 1. We encourage students to complete the FAFSA by January 1 to maximize the amount of student aid they receive.

Why fill out the FAFSA? Here are a few reasons:

1. You could get grants and aid in addition to your benefits, making it easier to complete your degree.

2. Money (that’s real dollars) goes unawarded every year because people think they aren’t eligible and don’t apply.

3. It’s based on a past tax year so you probably already have the information available.

4. Honestly, it’s worth the 30 minutes it could take you to apply.

If you have any questions, connect with your military advocate.

Monthly verification

Ch. 30, 1606 and 1607 students are responsible for verifying their own enrollment at the end of each month. You must do this to get your benefit check for school attendance the previous month. Contact the VA Regional Processing Office each month by phone at 1-877-823-2378 or online at Ch. 33 recipients do not need to verify monthly until further notice.


Looking for Tuition Assistance? 

Tuition Assistance is a benefit that current military students pursuing their degree online, and a few who are on campus, can access to help cover tuition and other costs. 

Learn more


“You file the FAFSA, using your past tax documents. Submit all the necessary documentation, they review it, determine on an individual basis, and then issue you the money from there."

- Tyler, Marine Corps

“I fund my education purely from my BAH I receive from the Post-9/11 GI Bill, and I also work here at the Pat Tillman Veterans Center.”

- Peter, Navy

“I got a Pell grant, as well as a university grant, because I applied for financial aid early.”

- Scott, Marine Corps